Saturday, April 2, 2011

Saturday Quick Trip

I woke up early this morning with a goal in mind. I had some coupons that were going to expire today and wanted to get out and use them. Today's shopping trip was pretty quick, but I think I did a pretty good job. Where I live the stores are just a block away, so I didn't even waste gas going to the stores!

Where I went and what I did:

Walmart:

Renuzit Super Odor Neutralizer Adjustables $0.94
Peanut M&M's $0.50 Mmmm cheap M&M's.
My total was $0.48.

I did have a problem at Walmart. The coupon does not state what product is covered, the graphic on the coupon is for the spray but it can be used for both types of products (the product I purchased was a stand up sort of neutralizer). The lady did not want to accept the coupon at first but I explained that it does not specify which product. She then said that the item was only $0.94 and my coupon was for a $1.00 so it couldn't be accepted. I explained that the coupon should be accepted as the negative 6 cents would be applied to the total. (This is in Walmarts coupon policy.) She said whatever and put the coupon through. Yay!

Next stop:
Walgreens:
Fructus Shampoo $3.50
Fructus Shampoo $3.50
Fructus Conditioner $3.50
Fructus Conditioner $3.50
Renuzit 13 0z Neutralizer Spray $2.99
Renuzit 13 oz Neutralizer Spray $2.99
Snicker Cream Egg $0.29
Snicker Cream Egg $0.29
Cost before tax: $20.56

Seems like a lot I know, but this is the savings breakdown:
Fructus is on sale for 4/$14 plus get $4 in Register Rewards. I used 4 $1.00 off coupons on the Fructus, so it was all $10.
The Renuzit is Buy One Get One free, so it was only 2.99, then I used 2 $1.00 off coupons (I bought two products so I get to use a coupon on each even if one of those products is part of a BOGO.)
I also had a $5.00 Register Reward.
I saved $11.00 in Coupons and $3.81 in Walgreens savings for a total of $14.81.
My total was $7.11. Plus, I received $4.00 in Register Rewards.

Lastly,
Target:
Tic Tacs $1.04
Zantac $7.59
I used a $2.00 off coupon from Target (expires today)
I used a $5.00 off coupon from the Zantac website.
I saved $7.00. My total was $1.72. Mainly the Tic Tacs, but I loooove tic tacs.

All together I spent $9.27, I received $4.00 in register rewards and two surveys. Not a bad morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment